To use this Facebook IP Address Finder, please enter Facebook profile or page URL in the box provided whose IP you want to find, and then click on the Find IP Address button.
Facebook IP Address Finder
Facebook has about 1.62 million daily active users. While 99% of these users may have a valid reason or purpose to use Facebook, there is a great possibility that the 1% of users have fake accounts or are scammers.
The sole purpose of such accounts is mainly to create disruptions on the social media platform.
If such Facebook accounts are causing disruptions in the community, infecting your browser, or trying to sabotage your Facebook page, it becomes crucial to report such activities.
Alternatively, you can also try to find out the user’s IP address and have them blocked so that they cannot cause any more issues. Tracing an IP address is highly beneficial as it helps you avoid getting into the traps of suspicious scammers.
If you have been a victim of stranger chats and wish to know who or where they actually are connecting with you from, then this article is here to help.
So without further ado, here are a few simple yet effective ways to find a user’s IP address from Facebook.
What is Facebook IP Address Finder?
The Facebook IP Address Finder by StorySlash is a free web-based tool that lets you find IP Address of Facebook account and page. It also allows you to track the location of Facebook profile in real-time.
In order to find IP address of Facebook account, just enter the profile or page URL in Facebook IP Address Finder and tap on Find IP button.
How to Find IP Address of Facebook Account
If you are not tech-savvy but need to track someone’s location of Facebook user, you don’t have to worry about it. You can simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Invite the user whose IP address you wish to track for a chat.
- While you are conversing with that user, on your device, click on start and run the ‘command prompt.’
- If you are using a Windows device, you can open the command prompt on windows by pressing Windows + R. In the dialogue box that appears, enter ‘cmd’ and press enter.
- If you are using a Mac, open the spotlight icon and search for ‘terminal.’ When you find the Terminal tab, click enter.
- In the command prompt now type netstat-an. You must be careful not to type any extra characters or spaces.
- A list of IP addresses will now be displayed on your screen that will look similar to numbers like 220.127.116.11. Either of the IP addresses from this address belongs to the Facebook user you are chatting with.
- The next step is to find all the local addresses as well as foreign addresses. Once you have identified them, copy and save them to your clipboard.
The last and final step is to reveal the location behind these addresses. To do so, head over to what is my IP address or other similar sites and paste these IP addresses in the search bar.
The resultant page will reveal detailed information on the location of the user, the device being used to chat with you on Facebook, the operating system of the device, and even his internet service provider.